Memphis Criminal Defense Attorney James W. Curry
When you are facing criminal charges, you need a dedicated lawyer to fight for your rights in court. With over 20 years of experience as a criminal defense attorney, attorney James Curry provides members of the Memphis community with exceptional legal representation.
If you are facing criminal charges, contact us before you talk to anyone. We represent clients in a variety of criminal defense cases in state and federal courts:
- Attorney Curry holds the state accountable for following the proper steps of probable cause or reasonable suspicion. Just because you were charged with DUI does not mean you are guilty.
- Moving violations add up and lead to fines, increased insurance rates, and even suspension or revocation of your driver’s license. We will work with you to reduce the penalties and reclaim your driving privileges.
Domestic violence and assault
- Accusations of domestic violence or assault can ruin your reputation and your future. Our firm will defend you in negotiations and in the courtroom to protect your rights.
Weapons and firearms charges
- If you have been accused of possession, concealment or illegal use of a weapon, you need an attorney who understands Tennessee law. We have years of experience defending clients in these cases, and we will work hard for you to defend your rights and minimize the penalties.
Drug possession and trafficking
- The authorities must have probable cause to legally conduct a search and seizure of drugs and other evidence. We ask the court to dismiss the evidence against you if it was obtained as the result of an improper search by the police.
Theft, shoplifting, robbery and burglary
- From low-level misdemeanors to serious felonies, these crimes carry a wide range of different penalties. We can help defend you if you have been charged with one of these crimes in the Tennessee legal system.
White collar crime
- Embezzlement, forgery and other white collar crimes can ruin your reputation. We are discreet and efficient in defending our clients.
- Being convicted of a sex crime can have a serious impact on your future. Our firm will fight to protect your rights in court and minimize the penalties.
A conviction of any of these crimes will change your life. We have wide experience defending clients facing virtually all types of misdemeanor and felony charges in Tennessee. We will work with you to get the best possible results in your case.
Contact me today for a free initial consultation. Our office is located within walking distance to the 201 Poplar criminal courthouse.